Saturday, August 18, 2012

Animation Gazer 3.1 Beta3

So the strongest feedback i got from Beta1 is the animation based eye gazing is awesome but the interface was lacking.  I couldn't agree more.  I've spent the last 4 weeks trying several different interfaces and finally last week I got an interface I really like.

So today i'm releasing beta3.  If you were on Beta1 just wear the LumiPro HUD V3.1 Beta1 HUD and it will update to LumiPro HUD V3.1 Beta3.

The video below explains the new interface.  If you watched the beta1 video you can jump to the middle of the video to see the new interface.  I'm looking forward to your feedback and bugs associated with this.  I'm excited to get this into production!

Please post your feedback to the blog entry here or drop me a note in SL. 



5 comments:

  1. Stefan, just tested your newest interface change after watching the video. I agree, this is better, simple, elegant. Great work! The fine control feature on the projector then swapping with the eye animations is great for shot set ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!! As I do a lot of self-gazing with a model alt or just change my own look the eyes were always driving me to distraction! Now, it seems as if that issue is resolved and I am anxious to give it a whirl....I played with it a little bit and it works just as you say.....Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -Jorden Grau

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new feature works great! It wins clearly against the "old" eye gazer. I tested the Beta3 Version of the Lumi Pro Hud for a photo contest. The two photos are to see at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lash_elmond/ ...

    One thing I noticed was eyes staying closed when I click in the area of the track ball which should let them look into the camera. I only have that problem while running my Graphics preferences in Firestorm on Ultra. And I am not sure ... it might be only a problem of the viewer or my graphics card.

    Anyways ... I wanted to mention that as Stefan asked me to post everything I notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen the closed eye. best i can figure out is that if you change animation during a blink it migth get fully or partially stuck in that blink. seems to undo itself in most situations with changing eye position.

    ReplyDelete